Water Heater Installation in Richmond
So you need a new water heater. In the past, you had only a few options, and would likely just replace your current water heater with another of the same make and model. However, in today’s high-efficiency world, there are a lot of new options for you to consider. These options will help to improve the green living profile of your home and make your home more energy efficient.
New standards for residential water heater efficiency were announced by the Department of Energy on April 16, 2016. View the announcement here.
What to Consider When Buying a New Water Heater for Your Home:
- Fuel type, availability, and cost
- Number of people living in your home (hot water demand)
- Length of warranty
- Cost of the unit as it relates to annual operating cost
- Estimated energy efficiency of various models
- Maintenance and repair information
- How well your old unit supplied your demand
Depending on the size of your family, you will want to select a water heater with the best recovery rate for your needs. The water heater should deliver enough hot water where and when your home needs it, in the most cost-effective and energy efficient manner. You also may need more than one water heater to effectively supply your home, depending on the floorplan.